Travellers x2: Winter Escape 2012

When two people are travelling together, there are bound to be some things that the one didn’t enjoy quite as much as the other one. I think it’s a good idea to reflect on the trip afterwards, to learn from possible mistakes and to better plan for the next one. So… the verdict is out on our Winter Escape 2012 trip to Finland, Wales and Scotland:

Gareth: 
High Point: I absolutely loved the snowmobiles, they were fantastic! Spending time with the huskies is a close second.

Low Point: Filling the house with smoke on the first night after I managed to get the fire going, setting off the smoke alarm and spending the night overheated and coughing. Also, the freezing cold temperatures while sitting still on the sled during both the husky and reindeer excursions.

Comments: Unfortunate that we didn't see the northern lights, would love to go back some time to try again.

Holiday Rating: 8/10

Suneé: 
High Point: Finland as a whole was the high point for me. I loved everything we did, the people we met, the quiet, beautiful, strange landscape and the chocolate! If I had to choose one specific highlight, it would be the husky sledding trip.

Low Point: We didn't see the aurora! We went to the arctic circle with the express intent to see the northern lights, and was disappointed by cloudy weather. Apparently, January is a better time to go than December, which we will keep in mind the next time we head out to Scandinavia.

Comments: I was somewhat disappointed with our time in Scotland, mostly due to lack of planning on my part and the fact that the castles all close for the winter. I resolve to do my homework better next time.

Holiday Rating: 8/10


No idea which trip we're talking about? Check out these posts:

Labels: , , , , , , ,