A Taste for Reindeer

As I've said many times before, Gareth and I are not foodies and I will never wax lyrical about a dish I've tried on this blog. When travelling abroad, we usually stay in self-catered accommodation, so we spend a fair amount of time shopping at local markets or grocery stores, trying out local foodstuffs and produce. Usually, we're quite conservative though, and we tend to stick with what is reasonably familiar.

However, we always try at least one local dish when eating out, and when in Finland we had to try reindeer. We felt really guilty about it, of course, because they're just so cute and well, it's reindeer. But we had to try it, and all I can say that the dish below, with the sweet red berries and the tangy gherkins on the side, was absolutely delicious.


For more posts in the Winter Escape 2012 series, click here.

Labels: , , ,